Updated April 7, 2021
At this time, Primland has been safely and successfully welcoming guests back to the mountains since May 21, 2020. With a number of important health and safety protocols in place, we’re so happy that guests can continue to enjoy the beauty and wide open spaces of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
Please note: At this time guests must have lodging reservations to be on property. No day guests allowed for dining and the observatory.
Thank you for respecting our guidelines and making Primland a safe and exciting place to reconnect with loved ones.
Health and Safety Protocols
At Primland the safety of our guests and employees is our top priority. The below protocols have been put in place as a shared responsibility between our staff and guests. Please read carefully and keep in mind by working together and following government and industry guidelines we can create a safe environment to enjoy Primland.
Overall Protocol for Resort:
All public and private in-person gatherings may have 50 people indoors, and 100 people outdoors.
Masks Required – Indoors: All individuals in the Commonwealth aged five and older must cover their mouth and nose with a mask as described and recommended by the CDC if they are in an indoor setting shared by others.
Masks Required – Outdoors: All individuals in the Commonwealth aged five and older must cover their mouth and nose with a mask, as described and recommended by the CDC, when outdoors and unable to maintain at least six feet of physical distance from other individuals who are not Family members
- Sanitizing stations are set up throughout the resort for guests’ use.
- Sanitizing Amenity Packet to be presented to each guest upon arrival with mask, gloves and sanitizing spray or wipes.
- All employees are required to wear masks and gloves when social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Social distancing guidelines by guests and staff to be observed throughout the property.
- Limited number of people to be controlled in public spaces, retail shops, gentlemen’s and ladies’ locker rooms, driving range, and elevators.
- Increased sanitizing procedures are in place for all areas of the resort by staff including equipment used by guests for activities.
- Guests to provide a pre-screening form upon arrival and will be requested to wear a mask when outside of their guest rooms. Masks are provided if needed.
- At any time guests may request a temperature check from an infrared thermometer located at the north and south entrances of the property, each of the front desks, pro shop, and Outdoor Activities Center.
- Valet service is temporarily suspended. Self-parking available in garage.
- Day cleaning will be upon request. Guests will need to be out of the room at this time.
- Remotes, telephones, switches in guest rooms will be wrapped and changed between check-ins.
- Turndown Services will be suspended at this time
- Paper transactions at check in have been limited.
- Number of guests in Observatory to be limited; area to be sanitized between shows.
- Theatre to be closed at this time but private rental will be available.
- Electrostatic spraying is being used daily in all public spaces throughout The Lodge.
We can’t wait to welcome you back to Primland for safe and exciting experiences in the Virginia mountains. We’ll see you soon!